Thursday, September 27, 2007

naked as we came. part 1.

that title has nothing to do with which i am going to write. it just happens to be the song by Iron and Wine that is playing currently in my head. ( and by in my head, I mean on my itunes.)

I'm a bit emo at the moment. i'm sitting yet again at the favorite coffee shop at a table for one. There's an engagement party going on practically on top of me. I keep introducing myself to family members- and I don't know the couple. Which makes it all the more exciting that they just walked in. I think I'm going to go give the bride to be a hug. And then maybe introduce myself. Happy.

And then theres the bitter twinge of singleness that enfringes itself upon me every so often. Its that feeling of the independance that I so happily embrace self-proclaim turning on me and kicking me in the face.

Group picture time, i'm so getting in on this.....

I want to get married. I need to learn how to cook first. And balance my checkbook. And learn to gauge my tires for air. i have so much more independance to learn before the betrothing.

i don't know what it is about sitting alone at coffee shops that entitle you to being stared at incessantly by other alone-sitters in the coffee shops. It's almost as if their stares identify that you , too, are a member of the " I go to coffee shops alone club"
Its creepy if not strangely welcoming.

Um, I left my burners on at the house gotta run home. THere will be a finish to this.

Part One, OVER. :)

No comments: